Plant-based food enthusiasts in Uptown have a new destination to explore as XMarket Food Hall officially opened its doors at 804 W. Montrose Ave. earlier this month. According to Block Club Chicago, XMarket is billed as the most prominent vegan food hall in the Midwest, offering an impressive 6,500-square-foot space housing six vegan restaurants.
XMarket makes it easy for vegans and those following a plant-based diet to dine and shop under one roof. Visitors to the food hall can choose from a diverse range of eateries offering a variety of vegan dishes. The list of restaurants includes:
- Kale My Name: American fare
- Bloom Plant-Based Kitchen: International cuisine
- Three other yet-to-be-announced restaurants
- Kitchen 17: deep-dish pizza
- Chicago Not Dogs: hot dogs and burgers
- El Hongo Mágico Plant-Based Taqueria: Mexican food
- 2D Restaurant: mochi doughnuts and boba
In addition to the restaurants, the food hall houses a plant-based grocery store, perfect for stocking up on vegan essentials, and a bar that focuses on vegan wine and cheese pairings that will delight visitors.
With the increasing popularity of plant-based diets, the arrival of XMarket in Uptown is a welcome addition to the local dining and shopping scene, making it more convenient for those looking for an all-vegan experience.